Friday, March 11, 2011

SPICY LIT NIGHT CAP! Poetry Play: Rain Drops On My Tongue!

Rain Drops On My Tongue (Diva's House Of Literay Coffee)

I coo little breaths as the free bird in me spins around in the moment of tragedy. Time goes on and I stand still thinking; will I remain here as me. Not easily broken I feel tight but whimsical as I close my eyes and feel the cloud pass over me as I coo soft little breaths in my soul.

As rain-drops drop on my tongue my mind takes over and burst with helplessness and freedom as the bubbles burst like a fresh drop of lemon on my tongue. Freedom feels good as I feel the rain drops explode in my mouth; as I think of all the tiny bubbles finding its way to my soul. Feelings of living and dying run rampart in me as my tongue collects rain-drops to cleanse the depths of the deepest part of me.

I swirl in the midst of time as tragedies and moments of glory are current, but fading. It hits me like bad news as I try to make it in my mind. As it hurts it touches softly and keeps me present for time to pass by. As I stand still I coo and taste all the good, tragedies, and hopeful moments of the future. It’s time to go in, but not before I get one last rain-drop on my tongue. Momentum is building as I wait for the last drop to fall and burst on my tongue.

Seeing is believing and as I close my eyes, and taste it for the last time, I coo deep but little breaths as the free bird in me spins around in the moment of tragedy. I stand still and taste bursting wet rain-drops on my tongue.









By: Cherries And Strawberries
*Literary Spice That's Oh So Nice*

No comments:

Post a Comment